These urine lesson plans including how do you explain the urinary system to a child, urinary system project ideas, pathway of urine and where does urine come from, urinary system facts for kids, and other fun urinary system activities teaching resources for classroom and home learning for what is urine in simple language!
Fun Urine Lesson Plans For Kids
These work for urinary system lesson plans high school, body system activities for middle school middle school, and STEM elementary school learning resources!
How do you teach the urinary system?
How do you explain the urinary system to students:
- Watch a video on the urinary system
- Learn urinary system anatomy and do urinary system projects
- Trace the path of urine through the body with urinary system activity worksheet
- Learn some fun facts about pee
- Play urinary system games & activities
- Do urinary system interactive activities (like blowing up balloons to see how a bladder fills with urine)
- Study how long for water to come out as urine
- Use body anatomy felts or models to help kids understand the urinary system
- Listen to a fun family podcast about pee! (link below)
See the full list of urine lesson plans ideas and urinary system class activities below!
Want to listen to the Urine In Trouble Now Parent Busters podcast episode?
10 Fun Facts About The Urinary System
- The bladder is a balloon-like organ that stores urine.
- The average person produces up to 2 liters (a little over 8 cups!) of urine per day.
- Urine is usually a pale yellow color, but it can vary depending on what you eat or drink, what medications you take, or if you are healthy or sick.
- Certain foods and drinks (like beets) can give your urine a reddish or pinkish color.
- Pee can stay in the bladder for around 5 hours before we release it from our body!
- Urine contains 95% water and 5% other substances, including urea, chloride, potassium, and sodium.
- Pee is NOT sterile, despite that being a widely-spread myth.
- Most kids pee around 5 times a day.
- Peeing has a scientific name: micturation.
- Urochrome is a pigment in urine and what gives urine its yellow color!
Now on to the urinary system for kids activities!
Urine Lesson Plans Ideas and STEM Activities for Children
- Get a detailed lesson plan in urinary system
- Read Your Urinary System
- Watch a video on the excretory system for kids for human body systems lessons
- Check out this Free Human Body Lesson Plans
- Watch a video on the pathway of urine
- Learn kidney facts for kids and where is pee stored
- Take a urinary system quiz
- Learn about The Mystery Of Asparagus Pee
- Do urine STEM projects for kids
- Learn how long does it take for water to become urine
- Complete a free urinary system worksheet pack
- Listen to a urine podcast
- Do the asparagus pee experiment (eat asparagus and then see if you can detect the smell in your urine!)
- Grab a kidney worksheet (free urinary system diagram)
- Learn about urochrome in urine (color of urine). (NOTE: there is one weird part near the start of the video where they say kidneys but show an anatomical 3D body with a liver … not sure what that’s about, but the video has good info!)
- Do a forensic science STEM urine unit lesson