Wondering what is the summer solstice? In this learning podcast we’re covering the longest day of the year — the solstice! We’ll cover summer solstice facts for kids, difference between equinox and solstice, and even how to celebrate solstice with kids and more on our fun podcast for kids and parents!
What is the summer solstice and what happens during solstice for summer?
What happens during a solstice?
This Parent Busters Podcast episode shines bright as we cover summer solstice and burning topics like:
- What does the solstice means?
- Very interesting rituals for summer solstice (and who does summer solstice rituals)
- Summer solstice event ideas and how to celebrate summer solstice with kids
- Is solstice and equinox the same thing?
- Is solstice the longest day?
- When is summer solstice each year?
- How long will summer solstice last?
- Is summer solstice midsummer?
- Is summer solstice the first day of summer / when is the first day of summer?
- What’s the difference between summer solstice and winter solstice?
- When it’s summer solstice in the northern hemisphere, what happens in the southern hemisphere? (Is there a summer solstice southern hemisphere?)
- Is the summer solstice holiday pagan?
- What’s the deal with summer solstice Stonehenge (and other summer solstice celebration events around the world)
Come on over because it’s solstice summer time!
Where To Listen To Solstice Podcast Episode
In this week’s fun family podcast episode where parents and kids can learn together, we’re talking all about solstice summer!
Summer Solstice Lesson Plans and Activities
Want solstice ideas for kids’ crafts, midsummer lessons and learning activities and ideas on how your family can celebrate solstice together / throw a solstice party? Check these out!
YOU’LL ALSO HAVE FUN WITH THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
Highlights and Fact Corrections From the Summer Solstice Podcast Episode
*Want to learn more about the Galileo summer solstice story that was covered on the podcast about solstice? CHECK IT OUT HERE
*Fact check Jackie: When does Alaska have 24 hours of sunlight? The Arctic circle has 24 hours of sunlight on the summer solstice and many Alaskan communities have a “Midnight sun” and have celebrations (like the midnight baseball game we talked about on the podcast!). [SOURCE]
*Fact check Ella: Is Chichen Itza in Mexico where it’s popular for solstice?
“Chichen Itza happens to be one of the most significant locations in which to honor the Mayan winter solstice, where the incredible sight of the sun seemingly climb up the edge of the towering El Castillo temple as it rises into the sky amazes onlookers.” [SOURCE]
*Learn How To Make a Sundial
*Learn more about the solstice “Calendar Rock” in Sicily
*Learn about the German Stonehenge