A Kid’s Guide To Valentine’s Day, a fun Parent Busters Podcast episode covering the history of Valentines Day for students and parents and fun facts for February for kids.
Chocolate, Cupid, and Chaos: A Kid’s Guide to Valentine’s Day
In this fun holiday Parent Busters podcast episode, we’ll the fun facts about Valentine’s Day for kids and parents! A great podcast for parents and kids to listen to together for their February activity calendar!
What are some fun kid facts about Valentine’s day?
On this family podcast episode, we’ll cover:
- Why do we celebrate Valentine’s Day, and more importantly, how can we get candy out of it?
- What’s the deal with all the Valentine hearts and lovey-dovey stuff, and do we really have to participate?
- Who is this Cupid guy (?baby Cupid??), and why is he always shooting people with arrows?
- What’s the most popular Valentine’s Day gift (and most expensive VDay gift), and can we get it without spending any money?
- Why do we give cards on Valentine’s Day, and can we just write “I heart you” on a piece of paper and call it a day?
- Is it okay to eat all the chocolates in one sitting, or do we have to share with our siblings?
- Why do we celebrate Valentine’s Day in February, and can we move it to a warmer month so we can play outside?
- Can we give Valentine’s Day cards to our pets, and what kind of card do you give a goldfish? (We don’t really cover that, but want you to think about it.)
- Why do we have to wear red or pink on Valentine’s Day, and can we wear black instead? (And, which one of us likes black roses for Valentines Day?)
- What’s the weirdest Valentine’s Day gift anyone has ever received, and can we give it to our parents this year? (Our Vote: A carved Valentine Spoon…)
- & MORE VALENTINES DAY IDEAS FOR KIDS!
Add this fun podcast for kids and parents to your February lessons or holiday studies any time of year!
Where To Listen To The Valentine’s Day Podcast For Kids
LISTEN TO THIS PARENT BUSTERS PODCAST EPISODE HERE OR ON YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST PLAYER!
SEE ALL PLACES YOU CAN LISTEN TO OUR FAMILY-FRIENDLY PODCAST
(If you enjoy our podcast, we’d love to have your 5-star review and have you write a review for us on the podcast platform where you listen! Your review helps us get the word out to new listeners!)
SEE ALL PARENT BUSTERS EPISODES
Valentine’s Day Fun Facts for Kids
- Valentine’s Day is named after Saint Valentine, a Christian martyr who lived in the third century.
- Valentine’s Day is celebrated on February 14th every year.
- In some countries, such as Finland and Estonia, Valentine’s Day is called “Friendship Day” and it is a day to celebrate friendship rather than romantic love.
- The first Valentine’s Day cards were sent in the 15th century.
- The heart shape that we associate with Valentine’s Day actually comes from the shape of the human heart.
- The tradition of giving chocolates on Valentine’s Day started in the 19th century.
- In addition to the United States, Valentine’s Day is celebrated in many countries around the world, including Canada, Mexico, France, and Australia.
- The most popular Valentine’s Day gift is still flowers, especially roses.
- Approximately 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are sent each year.
- The colors red and pink are commonly associated with Valentine’s Day because they represent love and affection.