What are dandelions benefits and dandelion symbolism? What is so special about dandelions? Are dandelions bad? We’ll cover dandelion facts for kids and more on our fun podcast for kids and parents to learn together!
Dandelions Benefits and Dandelions Fun Facts
Are Dandelion Poisonous? Getting To The Root Of The Problem
What Is So Bad About Dandelions?
In this Parent Busters family podcast episode, we’re getting to the root of the problem about dandelions like:
- How dandelions cost more than lobster…
- Why dandelions are good for latex…
- How dandelions make you pee the bed…
- Who brought dandelions to America (and the surprising reasons why dandelions are planted in gardens!)
- Are dandelions weeds or are dandelions flowers?
- Is it bad to have dandelions in your yard?
- Should you kill dandelions?
- Are dandelions weeds bad?
- Are dandelions toxic?
- How dandelions help your yard…
- Also… are dandelions for dogs bad?
We’re also flowering with excitement as we get into dandelions uses like / best ways to use dandelions:
- Are dandelions edible?
- How many dandelions can you eat / will dandelions make you sick?
- What the heck is a dandelion tea recipe?
- And… dandelions how to eat recipes (Dandelion jelly and dandelion wine, anyone?!)
In this fun podcast episode we also cover dandelion history and fun dandelion facts and myths kids will love to learn!
Where To Listen To Are Dandelions Poisonous? Getting To The Root Of The Problem Podcast Episode
In this week’s fun family podcast episode, this is a podcast kids will LOVE! We’ll cover weird dandelion facts and growing information from do dandelions make latex, do dandelions make you pee the bed and even weird dandelions song lyrics and more!
Dandelion Activities and Lessons on Dirt
Want dandelion ideas for kids’ crafts, lessons and learning activities? Check these out!
YOU’LL ALSO HAVE FUN WITH THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
Highlights and Fact Corrections From the Dandelion Podcast Episode
**INFORMATION PRESENTED IS INFORMATIONAL AND FOR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY AND NOT MEANT TO BE MEDICAL ADVICE**
* Here’s how to say dent de lion (“teeth of lion”) in French
* Lion’s mane in French is crinière
*FACT CHECK: Perennials are officially defined as plants that live for 2 years. (Jackie said come back year after year and also called perennials “dandelions” when she meant to say “perennials.”)
*Where did that weird saying that Jackie sang as a child when playing with dandelions (mama had a baby and her head popped off) come from?
Jackie researched and couldn’t find anything, but it seems like a lot of people knew about this child’s rhyme (according to forums). (Also, a band made a song with that title!).
*Here’s a link to the dandelion book we mention
*how to pronounce pissenlit (pee the bed flower)
*Where did blowing dandelion seeds for luck / wish come from?
No one knows, but it’s been around for hundreds, maybe thousands!, of years!
* About dandelions and latex:
“Natural rubber is obtained from latex, a milky liquid present in either the latex vessels (ducts) or in the cells of rubber-producing plants. Around 20,000 species of plants produce latex, but only 2,500 species have been found to contain rubber in their latex.” [Frontiers For Young Minds]
Dandelion Gardening Podcast Episode References, Sources, and Resources
- Columbia University
- Michigan State University
- Botanical Online
- Northern New England Poison Center
- Southern Living
- Garden Betty